*This post contains affiliate links. That means I receive a small commission that could help me on my debt-free journey —at no extra cost to you—if you make a purchase using the links.
Happy New Year! Yes, it’s February, but I live in China and we’re celebrating the Lunar New Year. I’m right on schedule! (Also, it’s the year of the pig, as in piggy bank. Cha-ching! 🤑)
Check out what I accomplished in 2018 and find out what’s coming up in 2019. Check out the Ultimate Goal-Setting Checklist for guidance on your goals.
What are my 2019 goals?
My new goals include:
- Complete Operation: Sock Away $10K by April 30. Having a huge Sunny Day Fund, or emergency fund, will give me peace of mind.
- Visit 2-4 new places in China (e.g. Yangshuo, Xian, etc.). It would be a shame to live here so long and not explore its beauty.
- Pay off $19K in ’19. This goal will help me pay off my penultimate grad school loan and break even on net worth. How amazing!
- Read everything on the Life-Changing Books List and apply 1 thing from each book (20 books in 2019). Will you join the reading challenge?
- Complete the Happiness Planner (100 days). This goal will help record my emotions and reflect on the highs and lows of each week.
- Attend 1 social event each month. I gotta do something besides each brunch with friends. This year, I plan to branch out and meet more people.
How did I do in 2018?
The 2018 goals included:
- Reduce debt balance by $18,000.
- Become a certified teacher in Florida through an online program.
- Pay cash only for all certification costs.
- Pay off Barclay balance transfer card by June 30.
- Climb the Great Wall of China.
- Create passive income stream(s).
Through dedication and the universe working in my favor, I checked off 5 out of 6 goals!
Learn which goals I checked off and ask yourself questions to reflect on your wins and opportunities to improve.